Employers can design their own employee share schemes, but most use of favourable tax treatment available through the four HM Revenue & Customs-approved schemes: sharesave (SAYE), share incentive plan (Sip), company share option plan (Csop) and enterprise management incentive (EMI). Executive share option plans (including long term incentives – Ltips) are used for very senior employees.
EXCLUSIVE: Retailer’s first scheme maturity.
Alan Scott replaces John Collison.
The organisation is now 100% owned by its employees.
It follows recommendations made by the OTS in January 2014.
The Employee Benefits Awards 2014 took place on 27 June.
- Beware penalties for pensions auto-enrolment non-compliance
- Marriott Hotels considered pension fund choice in auto-enrolment decisions
- Will sleeping pods boost Manchester United's productivity?
- Incorpore & GymFlex welcomes sale of nine Virgin Active clubs to Nuffield
- Where does responsibility for default pension investments lie?
New limits come into effect from April 2014.
Tax-efficient benefits can save both employees and employers money.
BT Group has high share plan and pensions take up.
Pay and benefits were once described as ‘hygiene’ factors.