Employers can design their own employee share schemes, but most use of favourable tax treatment available through the four HM Revenue & Customs-approved schemes: sharesave (SAYE), share incentive plan (Sip), company share option plan (Csop) and enterprise management incentive (EMI). Executive share option plans (including long term incentives – Ltips) are used for very senior employees.
EXCLUSIVE: Take up has increased from 55% to 74%.
NAPF 2014: 10% will be caught by annual allowance within three years.
Pinsent Masons research: Up from £360 million to £870 million.
Employees to receive a year after it floats.
Computershare research: 46% said plan made them likely to recommend their employer.
- Capital One builds enticing employee value proposition
- VIDEO: Jacqui Riches: Award finalists demonstrated benefits metrics
- Confessions of a benefits manager: Old habits die hard
- The pros and cons of using lifestyle investment strategies for pension funds
- Scottish Power, BNY Mellon and IHG awarded for pensions quality
Employee ownership boosts productivity.
A round-up of the latest facts and figures around share schemes.
Creates a culture of innovation.
Pay and benefits were once described as ‘hygiene’ factors.