Top benefits offered by UK employers
Life assurance, pension schemes and employee assistance programmes (EAPs) are the most commonly offered core employee benefits to all employees, according to exclusive research by Employee Benefits.
The Benefits Research 2013, which surveyed 561 employers in March 2013, found that extra holidays for long service, income protection and additional voluntary pension contributions were also common.
The research also found:
- 76% of respondents offer life assurance or death in service to all employees as a core benefit.
- 75% of respondents offer all employees access to a pension scheme as a core benefit.
- 71% of respondents offer a counselling service or an EAP as a core benefit to all employees.
- 51% of respondents offer all staff extra holidays for long service.
- 35% of respondents offer income protection as a core benefit.
- 32% of respondents offer staff access to additional voluntary pension contributions (AVCs).
Read more findings from The Benefits Research 2013.