The benefits offered by Gamesys:
Pay and group risk
- Employer-funded life assurance at three times base salary to cover death-in-service lump- sum payments.
- Performance-linked bonus scheme for all employees, paid in May and November at either 10% or 20% of total salary, depending on department. A quarter (25%) of the total bonus is dependent on organisational performance against budgeted profit before interest and tax, 75% is based upon employees’ personal objectives.
- G-Mine long-term bonus plan, due to be paid in May 2020; this is based on organisational performance.
- Refer-a-friend recruitment bonus scheme.
- Enhanced maternity pay: 10 weeks of leave with full pay, including bonuses, and 16 weeks of leave at half pay.
- Enhanced paternity pay: two weeks of leave at full pay.
- Shared parental leave policy, enabling male and female employees to share 10 weeks of parental leave at full pay, followed by 16 weeks of leave at half pay, then 13 weeks at the statutory shared parental pay rate. The final 13 weeks of parental leave are unpaid.
- Self-invested personal pension (Sipp); both Gamesys and the employee contribute 3% of the employee’s base salary.
Health and wellbeing
- Subsidised gym membership.
- Cycle-to-work scheme.
Reward and recognition
- Ideas award. Employees put forward suggestions and improvements for the organisation. The best idea of the month, as chosen by Gamesys’ board, wins £100 and gets announced at the quarterly organisation update meeting. The best idea of the year wins £1,000. Available for all employees.
- ‘Kicking the lamp’ outstanding achievement award. Employees nominate themselves and the winners are chosen by the Gamesys board. The winner is announced at the quarterly organisation update meeting, and receives £1,000 and a trophy. Available for all employees.
- Patent incentive scheme; this includes an initial £1,000 per inventor if Gamesys files a non-provisional patent application based on an employee’s idea, and a further £1,000 per inventor if a patent based on an employee’s idea is granted.
Learning and development
- Internal and external training opportunities.
- Online learning tools.
- Lunch and learn sessions hosted by different Gamesys employees, know internally as ‘brown bag sessions’. Available for all employees and recorded. Previous subjects include demystifying artificial intelligence in business, exploring the impact of gender at work, and mindfulness and meditation.
- Free fruit and soft drinks.
- Free Friday drinks.
- Summer and winter parties.
- Team building events, arranged by managers on a budget of £60 per team member per calendar year. Managers can spend the budget as they wish, split equally between two bi-annual events. Previous events include go-karting, a boat party on the Thames, archery fit, an escape room experience, a cookery class and shuffle boarding.
- Sports clubs, such as football, netball, rugby, squash, dodgeball and cricket.
- Social clubs, such as board games, life drawing, cheese and poker.
- Employee communities, for example Gamesys Pride for LGBT+ employees.
- Technical communities of practice and guilds.
- Corporate discount schemes including the Regent Street card, Wow card and Virgin Tribe card.
- Local discounts at cafés, bars and restaurants that are sourced in-house.