Construction and building products distributor Wolseley UK has built a benefits package with the aim of attracting, retaining and motivating talented employees.
- Trust-based DC pension scheme, available to all employees. Employees contribute between 1% and 9%, while Wolseley contributes between 2.5% and 12.5%.
- Flexible benefits fund default of 1% goes into the pension scheme.
- Defined benefit pension was closed to future accrual on 31 December 2013 .
Healthcare and group risk
- Employer-paid private medical insurance scheme for management, about 25% of employees.
- Health cash plan as a flexible benefit.
- Group income protection for a small number of senior employees.
- Group income protection available via flexible benefits.
- Critical illness insurance and personal accident insurance for all employees via flexible benefits.
- Dental cover via flexible benefits.
- Mixture of role-based company cars, either job-need or a perk.
- Flexible working and part-time working opportunities.
- Childcare vouchers .
- Employee discounts scheme, with provider Next Jump.
- On-site canteens at its largest three sites.