Our pensions survey, which was carried out in June 2009 among readers of Employee Benefits magazine and users of www.employeebenefits.co.uk, received 598 responses.
- Just 10% of respondents feel the Pensions Act 2008 will solve the pensions crisis.
- 74% of respondents feel responsible for employees’ financial wellbeing, but 50% say it is not their responsibility to operate compulsory minimum contribution levels.
- 87% now offer a defined contribution (DC) scheme, 54% of these employers offer a group personal pension plan (GPP) making it the most popular DC scheme.
- 73% of defined benefit schemes are now closed to new members.
- 49% of employers offer staff the opportunity to make pension contributions through salary sacrifice.
Click on the links below for more sections: