Ian Wright (pictured), director, compensation and benefits at The Attachmate Group, will speak at Employee Benefits Live on 25 September about whether it is possible to operate a homogeneous global recognition programme.
Employee Benefits asked him a few key questions:
1. What has been your biggest challenge in 2013?
Harmonising benefits in several countries throughout Europe, following the merger of Novell and Attachmate in 2011.
2. What issues or challenges is the industry currently facing?
In some markets, particularly India and China, the market for software developers with particular skillsets is intense. Therefore, we need to have a constant focus on retention of our best people, through compensation, benefits and recognition.
3. What are the most important messages for people to take away from your session?
Firstly, that the spend on employee recognition programmes has a proven return on investment. Secondly, that it is possible for global organisations to operate one consistent employee recognition programme, inclusive of all employees in all countries.
4. What is the next trend or hot topic we can expect to see around your topic?
Better online peer-to-peer recognition software, with an interface that looks more like the social media platforms that employees are familiar with.
5. What do you most enjoy about your job?
The opportunity to put a new programme in place that is good for employees and good for the employer – a win/win.