Global account managers receive the highest annual bonuses in the UK, taking home up to £37,000, according to research by Glassdoor.
Its UK jobs paying the highest bonuses report, which is based on the median bonus amount and the median total compensation for jobs shared anonymously on Glassdoor, also found that partners earn the second highest bonus amount in the UK, with a median annual bonus of £33,500.
The top 10 UK jobs with the highest bonuses are:
- Global account manager: £37,000 median bonus, £90,000 median total compensation.
- Partner: £33,500 median bonus, £150,000 median total compensation.
- Chief operating officer (COO): £31,500 median bonus, £152,500 median total compensation.
- Chief executive officer (CEO): £30,450 median bonus, £155,000 median total compensation.
- Portfolio manager: £30,000 median bonus, £115,000 median total compensation.
- Equity trader: £30,000 median bonus, £120,938 median total compensation.
- Broker: £27,500 median bonus, £85,000 median total compensation.
- Investment banking associate: £25,375 median bonus, £100,000 median total compensation.
- Trader: £25,000 median bonus, £89,500 median total compensation.
- Account executive: £24,000 median bonus, £60,500 median total compensation.
Diarmuid Russell (pictured), head of international at Glassdoor, said: “People traditionally think that those working in finance earn the biggest bonuses. While finance roles such as portfolio managers, traders and brokers take five of the top 10 spots, it’s interesting that they are nearer the bottom of our list.
“The earning potential of top sales professionals is evident, with global account managers taking top billing, and of course senior workers such as CEOs and COOs with greater experience and qualifications also doing well.”