As 2015 draws to a close and attention inevitably turns to what lies ahead in 2016, it can be easy to forget to take a minute to stop and reflect on the year we’ll soon be leaving behind.
Yet, when life is rushing past at what can feel like a million miles an hour, I believe it’s important to take stock of everything we’ve achieved over the past 12 months.
In the past 12 months, we’ve seen:
- The most far-reaching pension reforms in recent history come into effect
- The first employers reach pensions auto-re-enrolment
- The introduction of shared parental leave – and subsequent announcement that this will be extended to grandparents
- The creation of a new national living wage
- Employers, such as LinkedIn, introducing unlimited holiday
- The rise of wearable technology in health and wellbeing strategies
- Organisations, including SurveyMonkey and Visa, introducing genetic testing as a benefit for staff
- And of course, Employee Benefits got a whole new look!
I look forward to seeing what 2016 will have in store. I’m sure it will be equally eventful!
Hope you all have a wonderful festive period and a happy, healthy new year.
See you in 2016!