The Civil Service, Lloyd’s of London, Pinsent Masons and Royal Mail Group were among the organisations awarded for inclusive and equal workplace practices at the Employers Network for Equality and Inclusion (ENEI) Awards.
The awards are designed to acknowledge and celebrate organisations with a commitment to good practice above and beyond legal compliance, using innovative approaches to inspire other employers.
Scottish Power was recognised for its approach to flexible and agile working, and Zurich Insurance won the Employee Engagement award.
In additional, CA Technologies won the award for intergenerational working.
The full list of winners is:
- Overall Winner 2016 – Private Sector: Zurich Insurance
- Overall Winner 2016 – Public Sector: The Civil Service
- Small Employer of the Year: CleanStart
- Gold Standard Award for Equality – Home Office, South East Coast Ambulance Service, Santander and Zurich Insurance
- Global Diversity Award: Sodexo UK and Ireland
- Inclusive Culture Award: The Civil Service
- Inclusive Communications Award: HM Revenue and Customs
- Employee Engagement Award: Zurich Insurance
- Inclusive Recruitment Award: Bank of England
- Employing Ex-Offenders Award: Joint winners: CleanStart and Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer
- Excellence in Training Award: The Civil Service
- Flexible/Agile Working Award: ScottishPower
- Working Families Award: Pinsent Masons
- Tapping into Talent Award: Home Office
- Intergenerational Working Award: CA Technologies
- Advancing Social Mobility in the Workplace Award: EY
- Wellbeing at Work Award: Royal Mail Group
- Inclusive Procurement Award: Joint Winners: IBM and Minority Supplier Development UK
- Representative Workforce Award: Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Equality and Inclusion Champion of the Year: Lindsey Ambrose, St Andrew’s Healthcare
- Team of the Year Award: Berwin Leighton Paisner
- Employee Network Group of the Year: Land Registry
- Community Impact Award: Paul J Watson Solicitor
Denise Keating, chief executive at ENEI, said: “The ENEI annual awards recognise the commitment of organisations to achieving diverse and inclusive workplaces, celebrating the teams and individuals who really are making a difference. We have been encouraged by the steps organisations have taken to promote equality and diversity, and hope this will encourage other companies to follow their lead.
“There were over 126 applications for the awards this year and we are delighted that so many organisations are prepared to publicly demonstrate best practice and have been publicly recognised for the innovative work they are doing.”