Something for the weekend: Singer Taylor Swift may not be among those worrying about the size of her pension pot this week as she ranks first place in Forbes’ Celebrity 100: the world’s highest-paid celebrities of 2016 list.
The American singer earned $170 million (£127,264,721) between June 2015 and June 2016.
Close on her heels is UK boy band One Direction, who managed to pull in $110 million (£823,477,61). Crime author James Patterson is in third place, with earnings reaching $95 million (£71,118,520).
The 100 celebrities on the list collectively earned $5.1 billion (£3,827,966,721) pre-tax during the year-long scoring period.
The top 10 highest-paid celebrities between June 2015 and June 2016 are:
- Taylor Swift ($170 million)
- One Direction ($110 million)
- James Patterson ($95 million)
- Dr Phil McGraw ($88 million)
- Cristiano Ronaldo ($88 million)
- Kevin Hart ($87.5 million)
- Howard Stern ($85 million)
- Lionel Messi ($81.5 million)
- Adele ($80.5 million)
- Rush Limbaugh ($79 million)
The Employee Benefits team thinks a career change may be on the cards; we’d best begin working on our singing skills…