Something for the weekend: Just under half (43%) of US respondents believe that bringing their dogs to work with them makes employees more productive, according to research by social interaction app Skout.
Its survey of 2,244 Skout app users in the US, also found that 63% of respondents feel that dogs help to lower employees’ stress levels at work.
The research also found:
- 74% of respondents believe dogs make employees feel happier in the workplace.
- 51% of respondents feel that being able to bring your dog to work makes your organisation look like a cool place to work.
- 14% of respondents currently bring their dog to work at least some of the time.
- 46% of respondents think organisations should allow staff to bring their dogs to work.
- 78% of respondents prefer Take Your Dog To Work Day while 22% favour Take Your Cat To Work Day.
Christian Wiklund, co-founder and chief executive officer at Skout, said: “These survey results echo the many benefits we experience of having friendly canines in our office. As [an organisation] that helps people connect and meet new friends, we can’t help but think about man’s best friend too.”
At Employee Benefits HQ we are split on Take Your Dog vs Take Your Cat To Work Day, but we’d happily try them both out to determine which is best…