Eversheds has launched an interactive employment law guide available as a downloadable application for use on the iPhone, BlackBerry, and via the internet.
The app, aimed at HR professionals, answers commonly asked questions on employment law issues, covering over 25 countries and four continents.
It is also available online for use on regular desktops or laptops with an internet connection.
The app provides easily accessible information on issues surrounding the lifecycle of an employment contract, from engaging an employee and the employment contract itself, right through to termination of a contract.
Additional information includes:
- Key employment terms and conditions; minimum wage, probationary period, holiday entitlement and working time.
- Family-friendly rights; maternity, paternity, and adoption leave and pay, flexible work and time off for dependants.
- Transfer of undertakings (protection of employment), known as TUPE; information and consultation requirements, employees ability to object, and penalties for not following the correct procedure.
- Restrictive covenants; non-solicitation, non-competition and non-dealing.
- Atypical employment contracts; part-time contracts, fixed-term contracts and zero-hours contracts.
Martin Warren, partner and head of Eversheds’ HR group, said: “The business world is increasingly operating across multiple jurisdictions and geographical boundaries.
“Launching this app, we hope that we will be able to help HR professionals in resolving what are in our experience, the most commonly asked employment queries.
“As a firm we are continually looking at how we can work to develop a seamless international service and in launching this app, we anticipate that we will save businesses both time and money.”
Read more articles on international benefits technology