More than half (58%) of marketing professional respondents cite flexi-time as one of the top three benefits they would like to have access to, according to research by Reboot Online Marketing.
Its survey of 1,200 marketing professionals also found that 25% of respondents would accept one job over another because it offers a better benefits package.
The research also found:
- 55% of respondents rank an increased annual leave allowance among the top three benefits they would like to receive, 30% would value early finishes, and 25% place gym membership in their top three most-desired benefits.
- 66% of respondents are offered benefits and incentives by their employer.
- 16% of respondents currently have access to flexi-time, and 5% are able to take time off work to volunteer.
- 6% of respondents receive student loan repayments as an employee benefit, 2% have access to on-site pampering and massages, and 4% of respondents’ organisations offer on-site healthcare.
- 15% of respondents are offered staff holidays, and 10% can take part in activities such as bungee jumps, plane rides and rock climbing sessions through their employer.
- 70% of respondents believe that employee benefits make a difference to their motivation and job retention.
Shai Aharony (pictured), managing director at Reboot Online Marketing, said: “I think it’s important to offer incentives and benefits to employees to show them you appreciate their work. I like to keep my staff on their toes; maintaining the thirst to learn and achieve, while ensuring there is never a dull moment.
“I take my staff boxing training with an ex-European champion every Friday, even giving them the chance to ‘hit the boss’, which has proven popular. I recently organised a competition with the prize being a flying lesson. I noticed the difference it made with motivation levels and when meeting targets almost immediately.”