25 November 2008
Flexible Benefits Senate
Organised by Employee Benefits Magazine
This 1-day event will focus entirely on flexible benefits. You will hear real life case studies from other employers and take part in practical workshops with leading flexible benefits providers.
- Attendance is FREE, but is only open to senior HR and benefits managers who are benefits decision-makers within their organisations.
- Plenary Topics:
o Aligning flexible benefits to your business strategy
o Tax briefing: How to maximise tax breaks in flex schemes
o Assessing the effectiveness of your flex scheme
- Educational Workshops:
o 5 Workshops run by leading flexible benefits advisers
o Just 7-14 delegates in each workshop to maximise learning and discussion
Location: Hilton London Olympia
Date: 25 November 2008
Cost: Free to qualifying delegates (see above)
09.00 – Delegate arrival, coffee, tea & pastries, networking
09.30 –Welcome & Introduction
CHAIR: Debi O’Donovan, editorial director, Employee Benefits
09.40 – Case study: Aligning flexible benefits to your business strategy
- The pros and cons of going for flexible benefits
- Key business objectives of offering flexible benefits
- Conducting a feasibility study: Assessing staff profiles and needs to help devise your flex strategy
- Targeting: using meaningful rewards across a diverse workforce
- Key learnings: pitfalls and successes
- Maximising ROI and using tax breaks to fund flex
- What can you do yourself and do you need consultants?
10.25 – Workshops or tax briefing
11.05 – Tea Break
11.25 – Workshops or tax briefing
12.10 – Workshops or tax briefing
13.00 – Networking Lunch
14.15 – Case study: Assessing the effectiveness of your flex scheme
- Measuring the ROI on your scheme and its impact on the business
- Ensuring flex is (still) right for your organisation: the fit with HR and business objectives.
- Using your administration software and marketing tools to measure take up and engagement
- Does flex really impact on recruitment, retention and productivity?
- Maximising the knowledge and skills of your flex providers.
- Keeping an established scheme effective
SPEAKER: Carolyn Wilkinson, senior Employee Benefits manager, reward & recognition, PricewaterhouseCoopers
TAX BRIEFING: How to maximise tax breaks in flex schemes
- Which benefits attract tax breaks
- Making the most of tax breaks on pensions
- Salary sacrifice versus flexible benefits
- Pitfalls to watch out for: e.g. national minimum wage
- How much savings can you make?
- What is HMRC’s view?
- Translating the tax breaks into funding flex
SPEAKER: Inez Anderson, tax director, Smith & Williamson
How can you maintain staff interest in flex: Current best practice in employee communication.
- Current best practice
- The use of ‘new’ and ‘old’ media
- Finding employee champions
- The importance of the employee’s family
- Top tips for maximum response
- Responding to response: How to adapt your campaign midstream
Presented by experts from Benefex
Developing a modern reward framework for flex – concepts and questions.
- Employee benefits structures – Modern versus traditional
- Building a modern benefits framework
- Scheme model
- Benefit model
- How Total Reward fits within the framework
- Advantages of the framework
Presented by experts from Redbourne
For information on sponsoring this event and running a workshop please email Charlotte Adams