Vodafone, Asda and Stagecoach Group were among the winners at the 20th annual IFS Proshare Awards.
The awards, which were held on 28 November at the Grand Connaught Rooms in Covent Garden, London, were attended by nearly 500 representatives of the employee share ownership industry.
The full list of winners:
- Best new share plan – Stagecoach Group
- Best international share plan – Smith and Nephew
- Most effective communication (1,001 to 15,000 employees) – Vodafone; Commended – Legal and General
- Most effective communication (15,001 + employees) – Asda; Commended – J Sainsbury, Marks and Spencer
- Best commitment to employee share ownership for employers with fewer than 250 employees – FFastFill
- Most effective use of technology – Vodafone; Commended – BT
- Best overall performance in fostering employee share ownership (up to 1,000 employees) – Croda International; Commended – Asos.com
- Best overall performance in fostering employee share ownership (1,001 – 15,000 employees) – Henderson Global Investors, Imagination Technologies Group; Commended – Northgate
- Best overall performance in fostering employee share ownership (15,001+ employees) – Asda; Commended – Tesco
John Collison, head of IFS Proshare, said: “In the 20 years that the annual IFS Proshare awards have been running, we have been consistently impressed by the quality of nominations in every category.
“This year’s awards have been no different and proved to be one of the most keenly contested for years. We extend our congratulations to the winning and highly commended organisations for their commitment, and the excellence they have demonstrated in engaging their employees.
“The long-term benefit of such share plans has been demonstrated time and again. The quality and diversity demonstrated by the winners will no doubt ensure their enduring popularity and value to all employees will continue.”