A round-up of some of October’s stand-out facts and figures relating to employee benefits:
- 1%: Eligible Royal Mail employees were gifted a 1% share in the organisation as the government completes the sale of its 13% stake.
- 29% of jobs for women in the UK paid less than the living wage in 2014 (Source: Office for National Statistics).
- 75% of respondents aged 18-34 have little or no awareness of the pension reforms, which came into effect in April 2015 (Source: Towers Watson).
- £1.2 million was spent by Facebook UK on contributions to its defined contribution pension scheme last year, according to its annual report for the year ending 31 December 2014.
- 64% of employee respondents say a company car is an important factor in their job decisions (Source: Lex Autolease).
- 41% of employers have seen an increase in reported mental health problems over the last year (Source: the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development).