Atkins, Barclays, Danone and Royal Mail Group are among the employers recognised in the Workingmums.co.uk Top Employer Awards.
The awards, which were presented earlier in November, recognise both large and small employers that have embraced the business benefits of flexible working and been proactive in creating a family-friendly working environment for staff.
Atkins won the ‘Overall top employer award’ and the ‘Innovation in flexible working award’, due to its range of initiatives to promote flexible working.
Danone won the ‘Family support award’ because of its approach to family support, which includes an adoption policy, flexible working for all employees, family days, a retirement policy, grandparent leave, surrogacy leave, and stress and wellbeing initiatives.
The London School of Economics and Political Science won the ‘Best for dads award’ due to its innovative programme for working fathers. The judges were also impressed that 37% of male employees were working flexibly, and that workshops for fathers are offered to partners of staff who worked in other organisations.
The award winners were:
- Overall top employer award – Atkins.
- Innovation in flexible working award – Atkins.
- Family support award – Danone.
- Best for dads award – London School of Economics and Political Science.
- Career progression award – Royal Mail Group.
- Talent attraction award – Barclays.
- SME Award (up to 25 employees) – Mahon Digital Marketing.
- SME Award (26 to 250 employees) – Brand Learning.
Gillian Nissim, founder of Workingmums.co.uk, said: “Entries for this year’s awards were very impressive and the judging process was often very close as a result.
“We were particularly struck this year by the range of different employers doing innovative work in their sector, and clearly grasping the business case for doing so.
“We hope the awards will inspire other employers to follow their lead.”