Henderson Global Investors, Nokia, and Rio Tinto were among the organisations recognised for best practice in employee share schemes at the Esop Centre’s Employee Share Ownership Awards 2016 on Tuesday 22 November 2016.
Nokia won the award for best international all-employee share plan for its share scheme that operates across 46 countries. The award for best all-employee share plan in an organisation with under 1,500 employees went to Cheshire-based telecommunications organisation Chess, and Henderson Global Investors was named winner in the best financial education category.
The full list of winners:
- Best international all-employee share plan: Nokia. Very highly commended: Rio Tinto.
- Best all-employee share plan in an organisation with more than 1,500 employees: Computershare. Highly commended: Just Eat.
- Best all-employee share plan in an organisation with fewer than 1,500 employees: Chess.
- Best all-employee share plan communications: Aviva.
- Best financial education of employees: Henderson Global Investors.
Malcom Hurlston, CBE, chairman at the Esop Centre, said: “Share plans play a role in the success of [organisations] large and small, transcending boundaries of nation and class. We need more of them for world wellbeing.”