Lloyds Banking Group, Sky and Vodafone were among the organisations recognised for their family-friendly policies and support for gender diversity at the annual Workingmums.co.uk Top Employer Awards on 1 November 2016.
The awards are designed to showcase organisations that support gender diversity, female career progression, and family-friendly working practices, such as flexible working.
Telecommunications organisation Sky won the Overall top employer award, as well as the Top employer award for career progression. Mobile organisation Vodafone received the Top employer award for innovation in flexible working for its global maternity policy, which enables employees returning from maternity leave to work for four days a week on full pay for six months. Lloyds Banking Group won the Top employer award for best for dads in recognition of its wide-ranging support for fathers, such as its Being a Dad course, Family Matters Network, and agile-working culture.
The 2016 Top Employer Awards winners are:
- Overall top employer award: Sky
- Top employer award for innovation in flexible working: Vodafone
- Top employer award for career progression: Sky
- Top employer award for best for dads: Lloyds Banking Group
- Top employer award for talent attraction: Berwin Leighton Paisner
- Top employer award for family support: Carillion
- Top employer award for SMEs with 1-25 employees: Cuttsy and Cuttsy
- Top employer award for SMEs with 26-250 employees: Madgex
- The working mums champion award: Jane Magill, managing director at Macquarie Group
Gillian Nissim, founder at Workingmums.co.uk, said: “When I started Workingmums.co.uk back in 2006 the aim was to link employers who were able to offer flexible working up with women who were looking for flexibility, whatever form that took. At the time it was quite a challenge to get employers on board, but over the last 10 years there has been more and more research promoting the benefits of flexible working for both employer and employee.
“The purpose of the Top Employer Awards is to spread best practice in family-friendly working, from the recruitment stages to senior management, so that workplaces are more inclusive at every level, reflecting the world they exist in. We have seen a lot of progress over the years, with more and more sectors showing innovative practice. This year’s awards are a testament to how far we have come in the last decade.”