Google, Nokia, Telefonica and Valero Energy were among the organisations recognised for best practice in employee share schemes at the Employee Share Ownership Centre’s (Esop) Employee Ownership Awards 2017 on Tuesday 31 October 2017.
Now in its 16th year, the awards were held at the Reform Club in London and were hosted by Sir Graham Melmoth. The awards aim to recognise excellence in employee share ownership schemes that have been implemented in organisations across the globe.
Communications and electronics organisation Nokia won the award for best all-employee international share plan, while fuel manufacturer Valero Energy took the award for best all-employee share plan. Telecommunications business Telefonica topped the best share plan communications category.
The full list of winners:
- Best all-employee international share plan: Nokia. Commended: The Sage Group.
- Best all-employee share plan: Valero Energy.
- Best share plan communications: Telefonica. Commended: Teva Pharmaceutical Industries.
- Best use of video communication: Amadeus IT Group.
- Most creative solution: Google.
Jennifer Kirk, director of global equity management at Google, said: “Alphabet/Google is honoured and humbled to receive this award. The Fractional Shares programme has been extremely well-received at our [organisation] and employees are thrilled to be able to maximise the Alphabet shares they retain after each vesting event.”