Legal and General has enhanced its group income protection product to help reduce the impact of staff absence.
It has added a new interactive stress toolkit for line managers, called Prehab Services.
The product, which has been developed with charity Rethink Mental Illness, includes:
- A stress management challenge, which allows line managers to recognise how individuals approach stress differently and understand the best way to support employees.
- Information about the different types of stress and how these can affect people. These include psychological, emotional, physical and behavioural.
- Expert advice video on dealing with stress-related issues at work.
- Helpful links to a number of information and advice services on stress.
- Certificate to confirm completion of the stress-management challenge.
Jim Islam, executive managing director in Legal and General’s corporate business, said: “This resource gives managers the support they need to spot the signs of stress in employees early and give them the confidence and advice to address the problem for the good of the employee and employer.”
Katherine Crawshaw, associate director of engagement and social marketing at Rethink Mental Illness, added: “We understand that managers can find it difficult to know how to best support employees who are experiencing stress or mental health problems. So we’re pleased to have been able to work with Legal and General to develop this tool.
“It’s a quick and easy way for managers to understand more about stress and mental health problems, how this may be affecting their team and the positive steps they can take to help people stay well.”