Now in their 6th consecutive year, the fun and informative Jelf Employment Seminars are returning to North West England. And once again we have sought out expert educators to help employers better understand and manage their day to day business challenges.
Our three well-known, entertaining, and knowledgeable speakers will be covering the following key topics:
- The learned Matt Jenkin will be on hand to provide delegates with all of the important updates in the fast-changing world of Employment Law.
- Jo Thresher, Jelf’s Financial Education specialist, will look at the different workplace generations and ask “are we all Millennials now?”
- Steve Herbert will provide his (un)usual round up of recent changes to Employee Benefits, with a particular reference to the March Budget statement and a possible Brexit decision.
We also have a truly wonderful venue for our delegates to enjoy. Chester Zoo is one of the finest & most acclaimed zoological parks in the world. The Zoo boasts over 20,000 animals within its 100 acre setting, including many rare and endangered species. The attraction has recently featured on television in the BBC series “Our Zoo”, and Channel 4’s “The Secret Life of the Zoo”. All delegates will have FREE access to explore the zoo after the event, and free parking is included as well.
- Date: Tuesday 19th April 2016
- Timings: Coffee & registration 09:00; Seminar commences 09:40; Concludes 12:00
- Location: The Library, Oakfield House, Chester Zoo, Chester, CH2 1LH
- Suitable for: Senior Human Resources and Finance Professionals
- CPD: The seminar will qualify for 2 hours CPD
- Cost: FREE!* (including FREE access to Chester Zoo after the event!)
09:00 Registration, coffee and networking
09:45 Employee Benefits “The benefits menagerie”
The Employee Benefits collection includes many diverse species. Steve Herbert will throw open the cage doors to allow delegates to more closely examine some of the more interesting specimens. Topics covered will include Childcare Vouchers (and their proposed replacement Tax Free Childcare), and a timely and topical look at how a Brexit vote could change the way employers look at productivity, employee engagement, and employee benefits. A practical, useful (and hopefully fun) session for all delegates.
Speaker: Steve Herbert, Head of Benefits Strategy, Jelf Employee Benefits
10:15 Financial Education “Are we all Millennials now?”
Business journals, blogs, and websites contain a wealth of information and opinions about how the attitudes of Millennials, Generation X, and Baby Boomers all differ significantly. But what does this really mean for HR in terms of benefits? With pressure to provide work life balance, engagement and wellness are these generations really in need of different attention and if so how can you help them? Jo Thresher, an expert on workplace financial education solutions, will guide delegates through this key topic.
Speaker: Jo Thresher, Head of Money at Work, Jelf Employee Benefits
10:45 Delegate Voting
10:55 Break & Networking
11:20 Employment Law “Mind the Gap!”
Matt Jenkin, employment partner in the Employment team at leading law firm Harrison Clark Rickerbys, will look at the latest employment law developments including the impact of compulsory gender pay gap reporting, the new National Living Wage, grandparents leave, commission and holiday pay and proposed changes to taxation of termination payments. An important and useful session for all delegates.
Speaker: Matt Jenkin, Partner, Harrison Clark Rickerbys Ltd.
11:50 Closing comments
11:55 Prize Draw: The chance to win and take home a Fortnum & Mason hamper!
12:00 Event Concludes
12:05 FREE access to the zoo for all delegates!
So how do I book a place?
If you (and/or an appropriate colleague) would like to attend, please email: email@example.com
…with the following details for each delegate…
- Full name
- Job title
- Company name
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Please add “Chester Zoo” to the subject line of your email
We do hope you can join us for this important, informative and fun event.
For the full original article and other similar posts, please visit the Jelf Group blog.