When you are next feeling stressed at work, try eating calming foods throughout the day to help you relax. Avoid turning to comfort foods to feel better, there are a wide variety of healthy foods out there that have stress-relieving effects and won’t damage your health.
- Asparagus: Containing folic acid, Asparagus is good for fighting stress and anxiety. Its stalks consist of tryptophan which produces amino acids that make serotonin in your brain and serotonin is responsible for healthy emotions.
- Avocado: They are rich in stress-relieving B vitamins, which are essential for healthy brain cells and nerves. It is also possible that feelings of anxiety originate from B vitamin deficiency. Avocados also consist of calcium and magnesium which help to keep your body calm and help achieve a restful night’s sleep.
- Berries: Packed full of antioxidants, berries such as blueberries, cranberries, blackberries, raspberries and strawberries are a fantastic stress reliever as antioxidants protect the brain against oxidative stress which harms the neurotransmitter production.
- Milk: Milk is a good relaxation drink, which is rich in antioxidants, vitamins B2 and B12, protein and calcium. The protein in milk lowers blood pressure and potassium can relieve muscle spasms caused by feeling tense. Milk also contains tryptophan that can keep your mood calm.
- Turkey: Enriched with tryptophan, it releases the feel-good chemical serotonin that makes you feel calm and sleepy. Turkey is also a great source of iron, zinc, potassium and phosphorus.
- Almonds: The perfect snack to calm you down, almonds are rich in B2 and E which boost the immune system when stressful occasions arise. Almonds also contain zinc which helps to balance your mood, iron to fight brain fatigue and healthy fats for a balanced diet.
Incorpore have been delivering gym solutions for 17 years to over 1,700 of the largest employers in the British Isles from over 3,200 health clubs. Our mission is to dramatically increasing the uptake and promotion of gym memberships and wellbeing services within the working population of the British Isles.
Incorpore has two gym solution products offering discounted gym memberships: GymFlex and My Gym Discounts. Along with offering gym solutions, Incorpore provide discounts on health, sport and fitness products through My Active Discounts. Our newest product is Your Wellness Hub, which is a platform dedicated to providing employers with the tools to help improve the health and wellness of their workplace. Whether your company is just starting out on its health and wellness journey, or you are best in class and seeking ways to improve, Your Wellness Hub is here to add a new dimension to the way in which you deliver this strategy by offering a whole host of products and services that will encourage your employees to Live Fit, Work Fit and Think Fit