EXCLUSIVE: Hargreaves Lansdown has launched a free iPad application (app) for members of its workplace savings platform.
The app, HL Live, is a DIY investment tool, which allows members to view their pension and other savings via their tablet.
It is designed to provide investors with the tools and research needed to make informed investment decisions.
- Pension, independent savings accounts, and fund valuations and statements.
- The ability to add and withdraw money.
- Live fund and share dealing.
- Live fund and share prices, news and research.
- Interactive performance charts.
- Personalised fund and share watch lists.
- A customised dashboard to gain access to the most relevant information, such as the FTSE 100.
HL Live for iPad follows the launch of HL Live for iPhone and Android in August 2011.
Laith Khalaf, head of corporate research at Hargreaves Lansdown, said: “The easier you can make it for members to engage with their workplace savings, the more likely they are to do it.
“People can use their iPad on trains and buses, in airports and coffee shops, using otherwise dead time to manage their financial affairs.
“Mobile devices represent the future of internet usage; half of the UK population now use a tablet.
“Workplace pension providers need to make sure they keep up with the times in offering members mobile functionality, or they risk looking antiquated and irrelevant.”