The workplace benefits offered by BDO UK include:
Pension and group risk
- Group personal pension plan (GPP) with a matched contribution structure of 1% for all employees. If the scheme is joined voluntarily, an age-related matching contribution structure is used, ranging from a 2% employer contribution for employees under 25-years-old to a maximum 10% employer contribution for staff aged 55 or over.
- Group income protection, offered as a core benefit for all staff at 50% of salary. Employees can increase their coverage to 75% of salary.
- Critical illness insurance, via voluntary benefits for all staff. Employees can purchase up to five-times salary with a £200,000 limit. Additional coverage can be purchased for an employee’s partner or children.
- Personal accident insurance, offered as a voluntary benefit for all employees.
- Life assurance, with three-times’ salary provided as core. Staff can purchase additional cover up to six-times’ salary.
Healthcare and wellbeing
- Private medical insurance (PMI), offered as core for managers or employees with more than three years of service. Offered as a flexible benefit for all other staff.
- Dental insurance, offered as a voluntary benefit for all staff.
- Bikes-for-work scheme.
- Early detection cancer screening at one test per year.
- Employee assistance programme (EAP) including face-to-face counselling.
- Discounted gym membership.
- Online health assessment.
- Flexible-working and agile-working policies.
- Childcare vouchers.
- Up to 10 community volunteering days a year.
- Basic holiday entitlement of 25 days, employees who are manager grade or above receive 28 days. Additional holiday days can be accumulated for those below manager level after five years’ service.
- Staff can purchase up to 10 additional days holiday per year via flexible benefits scheme.
- Company car scheme, offered as a voluntary benefit for all staff.
- Subsidised canteen in the London head office.
- Cinema club at a negotiated rate.
- Dining cards.
- Give-as-you-earn scheme.
- Travel insurance.
- Wine club.
- Free fruit.
- Mobile line rental discount.
- Matched fundraising: The organisation will match up to £500 per financial year per employee for funds raised for charitable causes.
- Loan schemes, to be paid back over 12 months. Includes graduate loan, school leaver loan, season ticket loan, gym loan, and car parking loan.
- Employer-paid professional subscription for one approved professional body per employee per year.
- £100 John Lewis voucher as wedding gift.
- Voluntary benefits scheme.
- Discounted mortgage advice.