Medicash has added an employee assistance programme (EAP) to its health cash plan offering.
The EAP service includes a support helpline and an intervention for stress programme.
It also includes:
- Access to emotional support 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Access to local face-to-face counselling.
- Post-trauma critical incident support.
- Enhanced debt management service.
- Career coaching.
- An online wellbeing portal that provides support on issues such as cardiovascular health, resilience, weight management, sleep and stress management.
The EAP is provided by Right Management Workplace Wellness.
Sue Weir, chief executive at Medicash, said: “We are delighted with the extended range of servicing offered by the EAP to further enhance the benefits provided by our health cash plans.
“Stress is now the number one cause of long-term absence in the workplace and our stress service will provide employers with a proactive programme of support for employees who have presented stress as a contributing factor to their absence or as part of their statement of fitness for work.”
David Elliott, business development director at Right Management Workplace Wellness, added: “We believe that no organisation will be successful in a globally competitive market with anything but healthy and productive people.
“Cost-efficient, measurable plans that support a culture of wellness and address psychological and physical ill health in the workplace have become an economic imperative.”
Read more on health cash plans