PruHealth is to evolve its private medical insurance (PMI) scheme and its Vitality wellness programme into a new Lifestyle Health Insurance product.
Its new offering, which will be introduced on 1 January 2014, will provide employers with a platform to offer employees a full integration of PruHealth’s products and services.
The Lifestyle Health Insurance product will include:
- Free annual Vitality health checks to help identify health problems early.
- A partnership with Lloyds Pharmacy, with 10% to 50% discounts on all products, depending on whether the employee has bronze, silver, gold or platinum vitality status within the scheme.
- A partnership with Weight Watchers, subject to a £30 activation fee, which is refunded to individuals who achieve their weight target.
- A partnership with travel firm Mr and Mrs Smith to offer 25% off holidays.
- Free access to Allen Carr’s Easyway to Stop Smoking programme.
- Bariatric surgery will be available to all registered members.
- Increased no-claims discount benefit from 65% to 80%.
Neville Koopowitz (pictured), chief executive of PruHealth, said: “We want to remove financial burdens to some of our existing benefits and get employees engaged with their lifestyle to be healthier and fitter to avoid health risks.
“By evolving our system, we have developed a model that lends equal weight to prevention as it does to clinical provision.”